Originally from Germany and now living in Colorado (USA), I am a passionate hobby photographer since several years. I learned the techniques of photography, meaning working with time, aperture, focal length and so on, with my parents old manual Pentax system camera. After some stopovers with compact and digital compact cameras I changed for a digital system camera in spring 2008. This now gives me the opportunities of image compositions I had been looking for.
Besides the digital world I still use the good old analog photography with black and white film. For this I mainly use a medium format camera besides two different ones with standard 35mm film and a 9x12cm Linhof large format system. All the film development and scanning as well as enlargement in the dark room are done by myself.
I work in a lot of different fields of potography. My main focus lies on nature- and travel-photography but I am moving more and more into portrait photography. In addition to that I work on some self made projects. A large one is "art of science" (microscope photography)
My images had been used/published by:
- Pfaffenhofener Kurier, Germany (local newspaper)
- Süddeutsche Zeitung, Germany (national newspaper)
- Erlanger Nachrichten, Germany (local newspaper)
- Abendzeitung, Germany (regional newspaper)
- Zoo Nürnberg, Germany (internet and print media)
- Zoo Munich, Germany (print media)
- Airport Nürnberg, Germany (internet and print media)
- University Linköping, Sweden (internet)
- University Erlangen, Germany (internet)
- University Tours, France (internet)
You can also find my images on 500px.
I'm also an artist-member in the Pentax photo gallery.